What is our mission?
Industry Partnerships is the New Jersey Labor Department’s new model for building sector partnerships that facilitate business-government collaborations to meet workforce and economic challenges. Industry Partnerships bring together business leaders from
similar sectors to discuss their workforce needs and resolve their operational concerns. Also in the room are representatives of public agencies, silent partners who work to develop customized solutions tailored to the specific, expressed needs of the industry sector. The goal of this new sector partnership model is to help individual businesses thrive and encourage business to set the agenda to resolve industry challenges. This is a unique opportunity to identify problems best solved collaboratively.
What is an Industry Partnership?
Industry Partnerships build bridges between businesses and government, promoting business growth by using government resources. The success of the partnerships depends on business leaders being open and candid about their needs, and public partners, such as government agencies, colleges, training providers, and community groups, working in tandem to respond.
Through this new approach, businesses drive the agenda, holding business-to-business discussions on economic and workforce development matters, with public partners present in listen-only mode. Rather than experiencing pressure from public partners pushing public programs to solve business issues, business is supported by a nexus of public partners working collaboratively to meet industry leaders’ expressed concerns.
What do I get by joining?
- A voice in decisions that affect your industry and your business
- No-cost workforce training for your employees
- A say in legislation impacting your industry
- To influence your industry directly and the direction it takes in New Jersey
- The chance for industry networking
- Direct access to government decision-makers
- Fast-tracked apprenticeship opportunities
- To develop and implement pilot ideas to move your business forward
How do I get involved?
Getting involved is easy. Attend your regional industry partnership meeting. The Retail Trades Industry Partnership will be hosting it's first meeting in late spring or early summer 2019. From that point on, industry partnership meetings will be held quarterly and designated in geographic areas to identify key industry challenges and develop customized strategies to address these needs. We recommend selecting a region based on your business/organization's county/regional presence. Although your more than welcome to attend more than one industry partnership meeting
- Southern Region - Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem counties
- Central Region - Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean counties
- Northern Region - Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Morris, Poassic, Union, Somerset, Sussex and Warren counties
Joins us at our Retail Trades Industry Partnership Meetings